[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: mcvax!inria.inria.fr!cointe@uunet.UU.NET
- Subject: Re: Shared/local;class/instance
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 1 Oct 87 08:22 PDT
- Cc: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM, RPG@sail.stanford.edu, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: mcvax!inria.inria.fr!cointe@uunet.UU.NET (Pierre Cointe)'s message of Wed, 30 Sep 87 22:56:32 +0100
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
I strongly believe that :shared is a better name than :class.
As a Smalltalk teacher i have big troubles with the Smalltalk
non-symmetry between class/instance methods and class/instance
variables. My (Smalltalk) point of view is that class variables
should refer the instance variables of a class treated as an object.
What should the other one be called. Would you prefer shared/instance?