[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Bobrow.email@example.com, RPG@sail.stanford.edu
- Subject: Re: Shared/local;class/instance
- From: mcvax!inria.inria.fr!cointe@uunet.UU.NET (Pierre Cointe)
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 22:56:32 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
I strongly believe that :shared is a better name than :class.
As a Smalltalk teacher i have big troubles with the Smalltalk non-symmetry
between class/instance methods and class/instance variables.
My (Smalltalk) point of view is that class variables should refer the
instance variables of a class treated as an object.