[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Should redefining a class reinitialize shared slots?
- To: "David A. Moon" <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Should redefining a class reinitialize shared slots?
- From: kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 18:48:25 MST
- Cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Your message of Wed, 30 Sep 87 20:19:00 -0400. <870930201953.7.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
> Date: 30 Sep 87 1521 PDT
> From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>
> ``It seems to me the only predictable rules are:
> (1> ) all class slots retain their values when the class is redefined.
> (2) all class slots are reinitialized when the class is redefined.''
> There is a third option, which would be to specify the redefinition
> initialization action in the DEFCLASS as a class slot option (:retain or
> :reinitialize, for example).
> That's a good point. I could go along with that if we think the extra
> complexity is justified.
No. I think 2) is sufficient.