[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Various Decisions
- To: RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Various Decisions
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 29 Sep 87 10:40 PDT
- Cc: Common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>'s message of 29 Sep 87 09:28 PDT
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
On the implicit block proposal, I agree with Moon's writeup.
Fine with me.
On NEXT-METHODS, I prefer NEXT-METHOD to avoid the potential
confusion that RPLACD might cause for users.
I don't care. Remember that NEXT-METHODS was introduced first as an
improvement over call-next-method-or-nil. Hence its primary purpose was
to allow a programmer to avoid using call-next-method when it would
signal an error. NEXT-METHOD satisfies that goal. Question: Is there
anything else we want to make available at run time? If we are only
getting the next method, perhaps we ought to only have
which returns T or NIL; this might allow some optimizations of the