[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: fixing our problems with setf
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: fixing our problems with setf
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 87 21:05 EDT
- In-reply-to: <22711.559872952@hplabsz>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 87 18:15:52 MST
> Add to Common Lisp the same concept of "setf functions" that we are
> already introducing in CLOS. Right now, Common Lisp only has "setf
I endorse this. I don't see any need to change the TRACE proposal,
since (SETF <function name>) was one of the function specifications
included. Do you?
No, the TRACE proposal should fit right in. When I said TRACE needed
to be changed, I was referring to the current state of Common Lisp, before
implementation of any proposals.