[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: initialize-instance
- From: fritzson@PRC.Unisys.COM (Richard Fritzson)
- Date: 1 Dec 87 08:05 EST (Tuesday)
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: straz@MEDIA-LAB.MEDIA.MIT.EDU's message of Tue, 1 Dec 87 04:40 EST
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.pa
> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 87 04:40 EST
> From: Steve Strassmann <straz@MEDIA-LAB.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
> Subject: initialize-instance
> I'm trying to run some code which initializes instances after creation.
> >From the CLOS documentation, it looks like I should be putting this in
> initialize-instance. However, this doesn't seem to be working in the Aug.27
"initialize-instance" was added to the CLOS spec a little too recently
to have appeared in PCL yet. I don't know what the "standard"
replacement is, but we have been defining a method "initialize" on the
new type which does the specialized initialization and does a
"call-next-method" to do the more general initialization. The lambda
list for initialize is:
(defmethod initialize ((object <type>) init-plist)...
the source for (initialize (object object) init-plist) is in the file