[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Scope of Call-next-method
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Scope of Call-next-method
- From: Patrick H Dussud <DUSSUD%jenner.csc.ti.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 87 08:58:55 CST
- In-reply-to: Msg of Thu, 12 Nov 87 14:10 EST from "David A. Moon" <Moon@scrc-stony-brook.arpa>
I believe it's simpler to say that call-next-method works anywhere in a
method than to say it only works some places in a method, thus having to
say that if you use it in argument defaulting, you have to do the
argument defaulting a different way than you would ordinarily do it.
Of course it is simpler to say that call-next-method works anywhere in a
method. An example will be make clear the fact that CALL-NEXT-METHOD
without arguments uses the method arguments, not its parameters.