[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Help running PCL under Franz
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Help running PCL under Franz
- From: smh@EMS.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Steven Haflich)
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 88 16:05:48 EST
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Richard Fritzson's message of 15 Feb 88 09:03 EST (Monday) <8802151403.AA14884@bigburd.PRC.Unisys.COM>
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
From: email@example.com (Richard Fritzson)
I'm trying to get PCL to run on our SUN 3/60s under
Franz Extended Common Lisp 1.4 (12/18/86 12:33).
I can't get through the compile because, in excl-low, in the function
definition for set-function-name-1, I get
Error: excl::fn_symdef is not a known location specifier for setf.
Although excl-low was written for 1.1.2, it has since been changed to
track later versions and now is maintained against 2.x . You could
try the current pcl with 1.4 if you change just a couple things in
your pcl sources. It might or might not work -- I don't have any easy
way to test it right now:
In excl-low.lisp, just comment out the SET-FUNCTION-NAME-1 definition.
In fin.lisp, SET-FUNCALLABLE-INSTANCE-FUNCTION, comment out the setf
for FN_SYMDEF and also FN_LOCALS (which is already conditionalized out
See if these changes get you any further.