[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problem during pcl:compile-pcl on 3600
- To: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Subject: Problem during pcl:compile-pcl on 3600
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 88 11:10 PST
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM, kanderson@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-1.text
- In-reply-to: The message of 11 Feb 88 04:28 PST from kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Line-fold: no
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 88 07:28:49 -0500
In Symbolics 3640 Compiler in Genera 7.1, IP-TCP 52.16,
I was simply trying to (pcl:compile-pcl) and this happened during
compiling fixup.lisp when evaling FIX-EARLY-GENERIC-FUNCTIONS. My
guess is that the loop test in the DOLIST somehow gets the value of GET-CPL-1
rather than METHODS.
There are two fixes for this problem. The trivial one is to go to the
editor and compile the function lookup-method-internal to core.
Whatever bug in the compiler causes this doesn't happen when the
function is compiled to core.
The more permanent fix is to FTP the new version of the methods.lisp
file and use (compile-pcl) to recompile.