[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Time to create :ACCESSORs and:READERs
- To: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Subject: Time to create :ACCESSORs and:READERs
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 88 14:08 PST
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM, kanderson@WILMA.BBN.COM, rshapiro@WILMA.BBN.COM, mthome@WILMA.BBN.COM, wsalter@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-1.text
- In-reply-to: The message of 9 Feb 88 10:21 PST from kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Line-fold: no
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 88 13:21:47 -0500
This might not be the best way to perform such a test, but we're suprised that
it takes an order of magnitude longer to create the SETF functions.
It is bad, but given that Common Lisp doesn't provide access to the
mechanism which underlies setf it isn't at all surprising.
I will look into fixing this by defining a portable interface which PCL
can use to get at the underlying setf machinery.