[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: defgeneric :method option
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: defgeneric :method option
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 8 Feb 88 15:59 PST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Mon, 8 Feb 88 13:21 EST
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
Another argument for removing methods first is that when a method is added, but
it is shadowed by a method to be removed, the generic function is in as much of
an inconsistent state as when a method is removed and there is no method for a
particlar set of arguments.
It seems to me that doing the remove-method first answers Patrick's issue, and
provides no more inconsistency.