[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Comments on most recent draft: Chap 1 and 2
- To: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
- Subject: Comments on most recent draft: Chap 1 and 2
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 88 13:33 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <8802042246.AA01035@bhopal.lucid.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 88 14:46:35 PST
From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
re: But, haven't we already extended symbol-function to take lists of the
form (setf fn) as an argument. If not, how do we get hold of setf
I don't recall how the recent discussions on this mailing list suggested
to do it.
This was in a cleanup proposal which the Cleanup committee already approved,
submitted to X3J13 in November, and was approved by X3J13 at that time. I
wasn't there, so I don't know for sure what happened, but I don't think
there was any voting. Perhaps there was some kind of verbal approval.
Anyway my point is that this is as settled an issue as any issue can be
and there's a place where the answer is written down. I don't have a copy
of it myself or I'd send it to you.