[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
new version of PCL
- To: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: new version of PCL
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 88 12:05 PST
- Line-fold: no
There is a new version of PCL on parcvax.xerox.com. This version has
only a couple of changes from the one of a couple of days ago, but these
changes may be significant to some users.
- call-next-method is now a proper lexically defined function within the
body of defmethod. It is possible to pass funargs which include
it and all that stuff.
- a potentially significant performance bug has been fixed. In some
benchmarks, fixing this bug resulted in a 33% improvement in the running
speed of the system. I don't think this bug will improve the problems
with compilation speeds in some Lisps.