[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@XEROX.COM>
- Subject: Re: Naming
- From: Patrick H Dussud <DUSSUD@jenner.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 88 07:25:29 CST
- Cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of 4 Feb 88 16:53 PST from Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.firstname.lastname@example.org>
We need to decide by the end of the weekend what to do about
naming. I strongly hesitate to make the change (if it can be said
that one can strongly hesitate). If we make the change I prefer the
terms NAME-<word> over SYMBOL-<word>. I worry that we will make an
ugly mistake in doing this.
To avoid such ugliness, let us leave symbol-class and (setf symbol-class) with a
restriction to symbols.
However, let us take out any restriction about what can be stored/returned from