[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Weird bug in IF statements while using PCL
- To: Steve Strassmann <straz@MEDIA-LAB.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
- Subject: Weird bug in IF statements while using PCL
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Tue, 2 Feb 88 17:36 PST
- Cc: Customer-Reports@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-1.text
- In-reply-to: <880202170811.8.STRAZ@ZAXXON.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
- Line-fold: no
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 88 17:08 EST
From: Steve Strassmann <straz@MEDIA-LAB.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
In Symbolics Rel 7.1, Commonloops January 29 release:
I know CLtL [Steele] specifies that IF forms only have 3 arguments, but
in Symbolics rel 7.1, you may have as many ELSE clauses as you want.
Here's a weird bug where a PCL slot is found as long as it's one of the
first 3 arguments in an IF form, but not after that.
The next version of PCL will complain (vociferously) if you use more
than 3 arguments to if inside of a with-slot or with-accessors form.
You will have to use only three arguments to if but at least you will
get a warning when you use more than three.