[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Type-checking of slot values
- To: labrea!kempf%hplabs.HP.COM@labrea.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Type-checking of slot values
- From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 88 03:28:33 PST
- Cc: labrea!common-lisp-object-system%sail.stanford.edu@labrea.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM's message of Wed, 27 Jan 88 13:25:12 PST <352.570317112@hplabsz>
re: Alternatively, one could modify DEFCONSTANT to allow declaration of
constant structure as well as constant binding.
I like that idea [of having declared constant classes]. A related topic is
"lexical" structures so that can be allocated/de-allocated in a "stack"
discipline [akin to how the strongly-typed languages would do it]. However,
given the current problems and focus of CLOS specification, this may not be
the right time to bring such issues up.
Ultimately, the quest for performance may require some thinking along these
lines. But (sigh) another time, another place . . .
-- JonL --