[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: comments on CLOS draft 88-2
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org any day now" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: comments on CLOS draft 88-2
- From: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 88 14:46:28 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, mike@LIVE-OAK.LCS.MIT.EDU
- In-reply-to: Your message of Fri, 08 Apr 88 13:13:00 -0500.
>The following are the operations from the "Functions in the Programmer
>Interface" that I think should be removed.
I think the first 4 of the above list belong together as they are a
protocol for what happens to instances when a class changes. I agree
that dynamically changing things should be optional. Since it is a
metaclass issue, the metaclass protocols should allow this behavior to
be added as an optional meta class mixin wheter it is in CLOS spec or
These deal with adding and deleteing classes and i don't see how CLOS
could live without them. Some kind of dynamic behvior is very nice.
I would hate to have to reboot every time i make a mistake.