[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: comments on CLOS draft 88-2
- To: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: comments on CLOS draft 88-2
- From: kempf@Sun.COM
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 88 11:33:08 -0700
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org any day now" <email@example.com>, common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Your message of Fri, 08 Apr 88 14:01:00 -0400. <19880408180143.1.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I also agree with Dave and Mike on this issue, except I'm not sure about
CHANGE-CLASS. Certainly, some way of getting a minimal subset would
make pushing CLOS more deeply into CL implementations more palatable.
I'm not sure, however, if it's possible at this late a date to do
so. It could probably be factored into a Chapter 2.5, between
the Metaobject Protocol and the Programmer Interface, and be
called something like "Environment Hooks", though hooks probably
isn't the right word.