[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: edsel!lgd@labrea.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Persistent Objects
- From: Zachary Smith <edsel!zach@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 88 12:23:28 PST
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM, edsel!rpg@labrea.Stanford.EDU
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
I am real interested in whatever is currently available on the persistent
objects concept. Has anyone written any papers about this? In particular,
I am proposing a system where large bodies of structured text (usually
but not necessarily programs) are represented in the running image by
CLOS objects. These objects also have to be organised into a database
with locking, version control, read-write access control and the like.
I understand that someone is planning on extending CLOS to include some
or all of this kind of thing and I'd dearly like to know about it.