[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Making System Functions Specializable
- To: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Subject: Re: Making System Functions Specializable
- From: "Timothy_Koschmann.DPMW4000"@Xerox.COM
- Date: 21 Jul 88 09:42:18 PDT (Thursday)
- Cc: "Timothy_Koschmann.DPMW4000"@Xerox.COM, CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: kanderso%WILMA.BBN:COM:Xerox's message of 20 Jul 88 12:57
- Sender: "Timothy_Koschmann.DPMW4000"@Xerox.COM
> The function MAKE-SPECIALIZABLE should do it.
Are you using the Xerox version of PCL? I didn't realize that
MAKE-SPECIALIZABLE was distributed for other CL implementations.
The problem is that MAKE-SPECIALIZABLE is not documented in the spec. I was
wondering why the drafters of the specification have not included provisions for
redefining system forms as generic functions. It seems to me that that will
prove to impose a serious limitation on the usefulness of generic functions.