[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Space and Garbage
- To: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Space and Garbage
- From: M. V. LaPolla <CS.LAPOLLA@R20.UTEXAS.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 88 14:18:43 CDT
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
I am using CLOS for a very large project. Many
objects are created for this project. The application
indexes objects in a hash table. When an application "object"
is deleted this means that the slot in the hash table referencing
the CLOS object is deleted. The CLOS object, however, is not.
I am worried about space. Does CLOS garbage collect an if
so what are the criteria for garbage. If it does not GC
how may I delete a CLOS object and free up the space?