[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Keywords in make-instance?
- To: Timothy.Freemanemail@example.com
- Subject: Re: Keywords in make-instance?
- From: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM
- Date: Tue, 24 May 88 09:29:10 -0400
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Your message of Fri, 20 May 88 18:01:07 -0400. <3067.580168867@PROOF.ERGO.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
Pros for first choice:
User doesn't have to mess with packages as much.
Cons against first choice:
If the keywords are the same as the names of slots, then forgetting
the package may create collisions.
You eventually have to face up to the issue of packages. If you go
with :keywords you should warn the user about collisions somehow.
CLOS lets you go either way.
Why not make the initarg be the same as the accessor that way the
users only need to remember 1 name.