[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Defining classes for other predefined CommonLisp types
- To: commonloops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Defining classes for other predefined CommonLisp types
- From: Doug Ruth <RUTH@SRI-ROBOTX.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 88 13:58:31 PST
- Mail-system-version: <VAX-MM(231)+TOPSLIB(132)+PONY(225)@SRI-ROBOTX.ARPA>
- Redistributed: commonloops.PA
We are using PCL to implement an object-oriented database for use in
robotic applications. Requirements include "strong" type-checking and
support for user-defined types. I am not an expert at using PCL and so
am not sure if it is possible (or, if it is, how easy) to do some of the
things I would like.
1) I would like to define classes for some of the other predefined
CommonLisp types. What code would I have to add to accomplish
this (in addition to adding an appropriate element to the
variable *built-in-classes* in the file high.lisp)?
2) How involved would it be (if possible) to have the form deftype
create new classes?
I haven't been on the mailing list, so if similar subjects have been
addressed, I'd appreciate a pointer to them.
Mailing Address: SRI International
333 Ravenswood Avenue, EL286
Menlo Park, CA 94025
ARPA Net Address: firstname.lastname@example.org