[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PCL Environment files for Envos lisp
- To: email@example.com (Arun Welch)
- Subject: Re: PCL Environment files for Envos lisp
- From: Stan Lanning <Lanning.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 29 Aug 88 15:40 PDT
- Cc: commonloops.PA@Xerox.COM, aisupport.PA@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Arun Welch)'s message of Thu, 25 Aug 88 16:31:29 EDT
I have (finally) fixed up the pcl-env files for Xerox Lisp. There are two
files, PCL-ENV.LISP and PCL-ENV-INTERNAL.LISP, both available on arisia via ftp.
These should work in both the Lyric and Medley releases of XeroxLisp.
The file PCL-ENV-INTERNAL requires some system record definitions to be
compiled. If you have these sources, fine. If you don't, there is a copy of
the binary PCL-ENV-INTERNAL.DFASL on arisia, too. Just make sure you fetch it
in binary mode.
A word about compatibility between Lyric and Medley: The PCL-ENV.LISP file is
heavily conditionalized. You can't load a Lyric compiled version of it into
Medley. Also, remember that Medley compiled files can't be loaded into a Lyric
sysout. Note that the file DEFSYS.LISP tries to deal with this when it sets up
One last thing: While you are at it, you might as well refetch the XEROX-LOW
file, esp. if you grabbed it before the afternoon of Aug 29th. There was a bug
that screwed up printing of instances that is fixed in the latest version.