[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PCL benchmark
- To: Chris Burdorf <burdorf@rand-unix.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: PCL benchmark
- From: Stan Lanning <Lanning.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 10 Oct 88 16:57 PDT
- Cc: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Chris Burdorf <burdorf@rand-unix.ARPA>'s message of Mon, 10 Oct 88 15:07:58 PDT
I think you may be confusing CLOS with PCL (something that we all did at
the workshop, I'm afraid). The discusions at the workshop regarding
performance were about reasonable performance expectations for PCL *in the
(near) future*. These performance expectations in turn are not as good as
"native" implementations (like the TI version) that was also discussed.
The current PCL (whatever version you are running -- you didn't say) is far
from the best that it can be. But that will be changing soon.
Gregor is off at an X3J13 meeting this week. I'm sure he will have a few
words to say when he returns.