[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I like to use method combination
- To: common-loops@Think.COM
- Subject: I like to use method combination
- From: Jim Salem <Salem@Think.COM>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 88 20:19 EDT
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.pa
PCL doesn't currently support CLOS's method combination. However, I'd
like to use another method combination type besides the standard one.
- Will PCL support method combination anytime soon ? When ?
- Has anyone tried to implement this in PCL already ?
Since those are probably both NO, I'm willing to dive in and try to
implement it but I'd like a little info/help.
My strategy is to add a method-combination slot to the
standard-generic-function class (in defs.lisp) and then modify the
appropriate function(s) in combin.lisp to generate the appropriate code.
A cursory reading of combin.lisp suggests the only function I need modify
is COMPUTE-EFFECTIVE-METHOD-BODY. Is this reasonable ? What is likely to
lose ? [Of course if this wins, there will be free code for all. :-)]