[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Return Value of Defclass
- To: Dan Larner <LARNER@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU>
- Subject: Return Value of Defclass
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Thu, 26 Jan 89 14:51 PST
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-5.text.newest
- In-reply-to: <12465708479.20.LARNER@Score.Stanford.EDU>
- Line-fold: no
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 89 13:41:50 PST
From: Dan Larner <LARNER@Score.Stanford.EDU>
Parhaps this has appeared somewhere before, but defclass doesn't return the
nes class object as its result. Problem appears to be down in the function
make-top-level-form, where an (eval-when ()) is generated for non GCLisp
and Coral versions.
This is on our list of bugs to fix.
Also MakeInstance doesnt't seem to call initialize-
instance as advertized in the spec (at least in the AAAI version).
This question has been asked repeatedly. As near as I can tell, people
ask it because they haven't read the xxx-notes.text file which discusses
To all PCL users:
Whenever there is a new PCL, it is important to read the notes.text
file completely and carefully. If you skip releases, you should go
back to read the interim xxx-notes.text files.
PCL has too little documentation. To compensate, you have to read
what little there is completely!