[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug in WITH-SLOTS macro
- To: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: bug in WITH-SLOTS macro
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 01 Feb 89 13:41:35 PST
- Posted-date: Wed, 01 Feb 89 13:41:35 PST
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
- Sender: email@example.com
Consider the following
(macroexpand-1 '(PCL:WITH-SLOTS (FROM) SELF
(multiple-value-setq (a b) (foo from))))
(LET ((#:G16320 SELF))
(DECLARE (PCL:VARIABLE-REBINDING #:G16320 SELF))
(MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND (#:G16321 #:G16322)
(FOO (SLOT-VALUE #:G16320 'FROM))
(SETQ A #:G16321)
(SETQ B #:G16322)))
According to CLtL, MULTIPLE-VALUE-SETQ returns the FIRST value returned
by its body -- that is, the value that A gets set to.
This expansion produces a form that returns (in this case) the SECOND
value -- the value that B is set to.
I am running symbolics genera 7.2 (no cute name) PCL.
It looks like the problem is in EXPAND-WITH-SLOTS-INTERNAL in BOOT.LISP,
and is probably not symbolics-specific.