[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
macroexpansions of the user interface macros
- To: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: macroexpansions of the user interface macros
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 10:59 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <19890309012005.2.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Line-fold: No
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 20:20 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I am currently up against a roadblock
and I wonder if you can shed any light on it. The briefest
description of the problem is that your metaobject document seems
confused about where the name-to-object translations happen.
For defclass, is it inside of ensure-class or outside of it?
The most problematic name-to-object translation is the one from
the surface syntax of slot definitions to the direct-slot-definition
Never mind. I figured out that your philosophy is that the
programmer interface macros only do parsing, not name-to-object
translation. All the name-to-object translation is inside
of ensure-class. That's okay with me, I'll proceed that way.