[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: remote environments
- To: "David A. Moon" <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: remote environments
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 12:17:58 CST
- Cc: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>, Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>, Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Sat, 11 Mar 89 17:36 EST from David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> I don't see where DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION has any option for
> specifying the class of the method combination; doesn't it always
> produce an instance of the pre-defined class METHOD-COMBINATION ?
> 88-002R p. 1-34 says it can make a subclass of METHOD-COMBINATION.
> 88-002R doesn't specify the implementation of DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION,
> but it might create a new class for each method combination type.
OK, but that's still a class created by the implementation; it isn't
instantiating a class that the user could have defined with a DEFCLASS
earlier in the file.