[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Avoid method cache locking
- To: kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Subject: Re: Avoid method cache locking
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 89 13:21 PDT
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM, kanderson@DINO.BBN.COM, aboulanger@DINO.BBN.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-5.text.newest
- In-reply-to: The message of 31 Mar 89 09:19 PST from kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Line-fold: no
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 12:19:20 -0500
I'd like to propose the PCL not lock its method caches.
Danny just came up with a beautiful solution to this problem which the
margin of this note is too small to contain.
Seriously, I am in the middle of doing something else, so I can't write
it up, but there is a nice way of avoiding locking that doesn't require
rebuilding caches. I will send a message about it later this week.