[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A couple questions about up and coming PCL features
- To: Darrell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: A couple questions about up and coming PCL features
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Wed, 3 May 89 19:31 PDT
- Cc: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-6.text.newest
- In-reply-to: <8905031818.AA06488@blackcomb.arpa>
- Line-fold: no
- Reply-to: <Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 May 89 11:18:24 PDT
From: Darrell <email@example.com>
Any idea when defgeneric, generic-flet, and generic-labels will be
implemented in PCL?
DEFGENERIC will be soon, maybe in this Friday's release.
GENERIC-FLET and GENERIC-LABELS will never appear in PCL. In fact, I
hope to take them out of CLOS completely.
Is there a work-around that can allow me to temporarily define/mask
I don't understand this question. It seems to me that you could mean
one of two things:
1) Temporily define a generic function: This is what generic-flet
and generic-labels were for. Its too bad they can't be implemented
in a reasonable way in Common Lisp.
2) Temporarily override a method. This is what WITH-ADDED-METHODS was
for. It isn't likely to be implemented in PCL anytime real soon.