[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Random metaclasses for CL types
- To: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Random metaclasses for CL types
- From: David N Gray <Gray@dsg.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 May 89 16:25:44 CDT
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, firstname.lastname@example.org, common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Thu, 25 May 89 09:04:42 PDT from Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: <Common-Lisp-Object-System-mailer@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: GRAY@kelvin.csc.ti.com
> As I've previously argued, the only utility of BUILT-IN-CLASS is taxonomic;
> and this capability can just as easily and naturally be provided by a list
> of all such classes.
No, having a list doesn't give you the ability to write methods
specialized on that group of things.