[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How to add slots to method objects
- To: Martin Boyer <gamin%moe.mcrcim.mcgill.edu@DINO.BBN.COM>
- Subject: Re: How to add slots to method objects
- From: kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 89 16:20:05 -0400
- Cc: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Your message of Mon, 19 Jun 89 10:15:36 -0400. <8906191415.AA17070@Moe.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.PA
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 89 10:15:36 EDT
From: Martin Boyer <email@example.com>
Subject: How to add slots to method objects
The first one was easy. Unfortunately, DEFGENERIC doesn't yet accept
options and FIND-METHOD is not implemented yet.
I tried ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION, but it ignores the relevant options. I
tried CHANGE-CLASS on a method, but there is no method defined for
CHANGE-CLASS on action-method classes. I also looked in the section on
Meta-Objects (p. 1-33, 1-34), but chapter 3 is not available yet for
It there a solution to this? I am considering modifications to the PCL
source to add those slots as part of the STANDARD-METHOD definition but
that is an ugly hack.
Use ENSURE-GNERIC-FUNCTION to get an empty gf. Then set its
generic-function-method-class to be (find-class 'action-method). Use
GET-METHOD for FIND-METHOD.