[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: recursive cache expanding bug
- To: kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Subject: Re: recursive cache expanding bug
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 89 16:21 PDT
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM, kanderson@DINO.BBN.COM, Jmorrill@DINO.BBN.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-7.text.newest
- In-reply-to: The message of 20 Jun 89 12:54 PDT from kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Line-fold: no
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 89 15:54:20 -0400
1. Fixed a bug in ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION-CACHE that throws away a
cache that has just grown because it was too big, so gf's grow and
then shrink as they are invalidated and used.
I installed this change.
2. Suppose something calls CLASS-DIRECT-SUBCLASSES,
EXPAND-DCODE-CACHE is called to expand the cache of
CLASS-DIRECT-SUBCLASSES and either GENERIC-FUNCTION-CACHE or
SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS are invalidated. Then the innocent looking
(Is this really another cache locking issue?)
Sort of, it also resembles the metacircularity issues of having to call
a generic function as part of updating that same generic function. I
didn't install this change, but when I rewrite the dcode mechanism to
use the new LAP stuff I will put in a *expansions-on-stack* sort of
thing to prevent this from happening.
Thanks for these bug reports and fixes.