[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to use call-next-method with an &rest argument
- To: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: How to use call-next-method with an &rest argument
- From: Darrell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 89 17:19:25 PDT
- Cc: Darrell_Shane <email@example.com>, David_McArthur <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.pa
How can call-next-method be used within a method that has an &rest
argument. Suppose that I want to add an initialization argument
:foo to the list of initargs passed to initialize-instance.
(defmethod initialize-instance :around ((self my-class) &rest initargs)
(call-next-method self (append (list :foo 10) initargs)))
The method above is not correct, the next method will always be passed
exactly two arguments.