[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Singleton, default DEFMETHOD now as fast as a DEFUN?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Singleton, default DEFMETHOD now as fast as a DEFUN?
- From: GRAY%Kelvin.email@example.com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 89 11:55:58 CDT
- >from: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Msg of Thu, 13 Jul 89 08:39 CDT from email@example.com
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
- Sender: GRAY@kelvin.csc.ti.com
> 1) Did I find a rather special case, or is it generally true now that
> a DEFUN can be replaced by the corresponding DEFMETHOD without
> loss of speed?
I can't say about PCL, but there is nothing in the CLOS spec that
requires this, so you shouldn't expect this to be true in other CLOS