[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: method combination objects
- To: David N Gray <Gray@dsg.csc.ti.com>
- Subject: Re: method combination objects
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 16:43 EDT
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: <2826469058-15785914@Kelvin>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 14:17:38 EDT
From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
> 89-003 is so full of errors that I don't generally find it useful to
> comment on it.
Yes, but then what _are_ we going to do with it? :-)
> ... However, the macro expansion of DEFGENERIC has to have
> some way to convert the :METHOD-COMBINATION option from a list into
> an object of type METHOD-COMBINATION. I don't see anything wrong
> with the writeup on 89-003 p.3-61, unless maybe it needs an environment
> argument, so I don't think it's a mistake.
Sounds then like it should be MAKE-METHOD-COMBINATION instead of
I think the idea was that since it doesn't necessarily cons a fresh object
every time you call it, it should be named like the other FIND- functions.