[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Gail Zacharias <email@example.com>
- Subject: call-next-method
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 89 12:06 EDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <CMM.email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1989 0:09:50 EDT
From: Gail Zacharias <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Can call-next-method be used in init forms of optional/keyword arguments?
How about &aux inits?
The documentation everywhere says "in the body of a method", which
presumably excludes forms contained in the lambda-list, since "body of
the method" is explicitly defined in the documentation of DEFMETHOD.
Personally I think that was a poor design decision.
Current practice: PCL appears to allow call-next-method in forms in the
lambda-list. Flavors doesn't allow continue-whopper in forms in the
lambda-list, although there is no reason why it couldn't.