[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Declaration of valid initialization args.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Declaration of valid initialization args.
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 16:16:15 PDT
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Darrell's message of Thu, 24 Aug 89 11:10:56 PDT <8908241810.AA20428@blackcomb.rand.org>
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.pa
I think I see what's going on. The VictoriaDay release version of
COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS is correctly "updating invalid generic
functions" without calling them. But the format of combined methods
seems to have changed since the earlier versions, and it expects to
find the applicable methods thereon.
One could replace the version of COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS that is
depending on the format of the effective methods list with one that
simply iterates over the methods slots collecting the applicable ones.
Although this would be considerably slower, one could bypass the loss,
for the most part, by using DEFCONSTRUCTOR instead of MAKE-INSTANCE.
-- JonL --