[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple inheritance - Using union instead of precedence list
- To: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Multiple inheritance - Using union instead of precedence list
- From: Martin Boyer <gamin@Moe.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 08:52:40 EDT
- Cc: gamin@Moe.McRCIM.McGill.EDU
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.PA
With Victoria Day PCL (or in CLOS in general), is there a way
to control inheritance of slot values in such a way that if a class
inherits a slot from two superclasses, the resulting slot value will be
a list of the values of the superclasses instead of the value of the first
one in the class precedence list.
Using the brown/blue eyes analogy from Keene, p. 13, I want the baby to
one brown eye and one blue eye instead of two brown eyes.
I hope CLOS is more permissive than human genetics...
McGill Research Centre for Intelligent Machines
McGill University, Montreal, QC