[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PCL under Symbolics Genera 6 ???
- To: Simon Leinen <simon%opal.cs.tu-berlin.de%TUB.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
- Subject: Re: PCL under Symbolics Genera 6 ???
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 90 10:09 PST
- Cc: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-8.text.newest
- In-reply-to: <9001251619.AA16582@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de>
- Line-fold: no
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 90 17:19:59 +0100
From: Simon Leinen <simon%opal.cs.tu-berlin.de@TUB.BITNET>
Is there a possibility to get Victoria Day PCL to run under Rel. 6.1
of the Genera System? We have two Symbolicses here no-one wants to
put any more money into.
I think earlier versions of PCL included Genera 6 support. Maybe I
could patch the old support files to work with the new PCL. How hard
do you think that would be?
I can't easily estimate just how hard it would be, I forget just what
the differences were between 7 and 6. I would guess that it wouldn't be
too hard, especially for the forthcoming PCL release which makes less
use of the Common Lisp features that had to be patched.