[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Classes with forward-referenced supers.
- To: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Classes with forward-referenced supers.
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 09:27:27 PST
- Cc: lange@CS.UCLA.EDU, commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM's message of Wed, 31 Jan 90 20:55 PST <19900201045535.1.GREGOR@SPIFF.parc.xerox.com>
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
re: Until this moment, I believed that the specification said that making an
instance of such a class signalled an error. . . .
See X3J13 Document 88-002R, page 2-24, where it says of metaclass
StandardClass: "All the superclasses of a class must be defined
before an instance of the class can be made". I interpret "defined"
to mean "finalized" as that term has been subsequently used.
-- JonL --