[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: insert classes?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: insert classes?
- From: Danny Bobrow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 09:38 PST
- Cc: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.PA
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 15:22:12 +0100
From: "Petra Sommer" <email@example.com>
maybe this is an old question:
how can i insert a pcl-class into an existing class-hierarchy?
e.g. class A supers class B, insert new class C
should lead to
class A supers class C supers class B
Thanks in advance
Assume you had started with
(defclass a (b) ...)
(defclass c (b) ...)
and then evaluate:
(defclass a (c) ...)
CLOS guarantees that the new definition will override the old one
and that instances of a will be updated to the new structure the
next time a method is called on them.