[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Locatives and Class slots
- To: "Stephen L. Nicoud" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Locatives and Class slots
- From: kanderso@DINO.BBN.COM
- Date: Tue, 22 May 90 22:27:38 -0400
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 22 May 90 08:41:00 -0700. <19900522154121.3.SLN@SKAGIT.atc.boeing.com>
- Redistributed: commonloops.pa
Date: Tue, 22 May 90 08:41 PDT
From: "Stephen L. Nicoud" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Locatives and Class slots
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm converting an application using New Flavors to use PCL on a
Symbolics 3650 (7.2). I have several cases where the code uses a flavor
instance variable as an argument to SCL:LOCF. The resulting locative is
then used with SCL:PROCESS-LOCK and SCL:PROCESS-UNLOCK.
I can't seem to get the same functionality with class slots.
Would anyone care to make suggestions about how to proceed? Is there a
way to get a locative to a PCL class slot?
I have made additions to VD PCL that provides LOCF and LETF support.
I have not had a chance to add this to MayDay! Mayday! PCL. The basic
idea is to extend the walker to handle LETF, and define optimizers for
slot-location. It is a bit tricky because of how with-slots works,
but it shouldn't be much different than before. I can send you what i
have if you like.