[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM: Please patch this into PCL]
- To: CommonLoops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: [rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM: Please patch this into PCL]
- From: Richard Lamson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 23:53 PDT
- Included-msgs: <19900324022209.8.RSL@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>, The message of 23 Mar 90 18:22 PST from rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM, The message of 23 Mar 90 18:22 PST from Richard Lamson
- Line-fold: No
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.pa
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 18:22 PST
From: Richard Lamson <rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Please patch this into PCL
I have modified your method for NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD as follows:
(defmethod no-applicable-method (generic-function &rest args)
(cerror "Retry call to ~S"
"No matching method for the generic-function ~S,~@
when called with arguments ~S."
(apply generic-function args))
I find that when I fix the problem which was causing the error to occur,
I just want to press <Resume> and have the system retry the call. This
seemed the best way to do this, short of figuring out how method
dispatch works and signalling/throwing into the guts thereof.