[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANNOUNCE : ECLOS 3.3 (Metaclass library)
- Subject: ANNOUNCE : ECLOS 3.3 (Metaclass library)
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Olivier Caillet)
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 23:04:17 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.org.lisp-users
ECLOS 3.3 (Extended CLOS)
General-purpose library of CLOS metaclasses.
ECLOS from No Software is a unique general-purpose library of CLOS metaclasses.
Designed to make your programs more declarative, ECLOS avoids time-consuming
in-house MOP hacking to implement some commonly desired features of CLOS
objects/classes (thus bypassing implementation-specific MOP compatiblity
It can be easily installed using ordinary procedures.
ECLOS main features include :
- self-referent class
- instance-recording-class (get to instances from their class, but
allow their garbage collection).
- operating-class (implement recursive operations like `copy-object',
`equal-object-p' with suscint in-class specifications)
- lazy-class (establish inter-slot/access dependencies to avoid
initializing slots until they are needed/make-sense)
- attributed-class (arbitrary-depth attributes in slots, great for
- constrained-class (multi-way constraints and daemons can be stored in
and refer transparently to slots).
- An enhanced Delta-Blue constraint solver with a higher-order architecture
for dynamic update of constraint graphs (no `propagate as if graph still
- let*-like slot initialization semantics
For more information, contact No Software
PO Box 76
1422 Grandson 1
Phone + (41 77) 234 605,
Fax + (41 21) 6520 605,