[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Franz -> Common Lisp ?
- To: Franz-Friends@Berkeley
- Subject: Franz -> Common Lisp ?
- From: Walter Hamscher <hamscher@MIT-HTVAX.ARPA>
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 85 19:50:20 GMT
- Original-date: Tue, 19 Mar 85 14:50:20 est
Is there a common lisp that runs on 4.2 BSD? Seems to
me this is a vacuum that many folks must be trying to fill.
I am wondering:
(1) Who's working on one?
<<None of the following answers win brownie points:
(a) DEC. Their Unix common lisp is only for in-house use.
(b) CCA. Ain't ready yet.
(c) David Betz (XLISP 1.4). Currently only a small subset.
(d) NIL. No Unix implementation planned.>>
(2) Is there a common lisp compatability package for franz?
<<Unlikely, I know. Still, how much of common
lisp already exists in compatability packages,
e.g. Lexical scoping :-), Packages, Keyword
arguments, Pathnames, Bit-arrays?>>
(3) Are folks at UCB thinking of spinning off a common
lisp from the existing franz implementation?
<<Also unlikely but surely the thought has occurred.>>
All answers and pointers appreciated.