[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
gensym and the compiler
- To: franz-friends@Berkeley
- Subject: gensym and the compiler
- From: Mike Caplinger <mike@rice.ARPA>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 84 23:29:45 GMT
- Original-date: Mon, 10 Dec 84 17:29:45 CST
How does one get code like the following:
; construct an identity transformation matrix.
(defun tm-new ()
(let ((name (gensym)))
(*array name 'flonum-block 4 4)
(do i 0 (1+ i) (= i 4) (store (name i i) 1.0))
to work under the compiler? Compiled, this refuses to believe
in the existence of name.
Do I need to declare it as a lambda? Is there a way to declare arrays?