[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: porting franz to an Apollo
- To: Olin.Shivers@CMU-CS-H
- Subject: Re: porting franz to an Apollo
- From: fateman%ucbdali@Berkeley (Richard Fateman)
- Date: Sat, 4 Feb 84 05:57:09 GMT
- Cc: franz-friends%kim@Berkeley
- Original-date: Fri, 3 Feb 84 21:57:09 pst
From @MIT-MC:shivers@cmu-cs-h Fri Feb 3 21:03:46 1984
Subject: porting franz to an Apollo
Why would anybody want to port franz to an Apollo when there is already
a much nicer lisp implemented for Apollos: T.
I hope the original inquirer gives his/her reasons. The question is reasonable
since Franz runs on so many other 68000 systems, Apollo would seem to
be a good prospect. (At Berkeley we haven't heard of any port to Apollo.)
T runs on Apollos, Berkeley Unix vaxen, and VMS vaxen.
There are at least 7 Lisps on VAXes: NIL, PSL, T, YLISP, Interlisp, Common
Lisp and Franz.